Welcome to the Bogdanove laboratory webpage.
If you were redirected here from the old site at iastate.edu, please update your bookmarks.
Our research centers on the interactions of rice with pathovars of the bacterial pathogen Xanthomonas oryzae and on TAL effector DNA targeting and its applications. Click these terms or the Research tab above for details.
Please use the other tabs and links on this page for more information about our lab. Thanks for visiting!
Where Are We?
We have moved (July 2012) to the Department of Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
In the News
- TALENs runner up to the Higgs Boson for Science magazine's Breakthrough of the Year 2012 (Science 338,1525-1532).
- Bogdanove lab contributions featured in Science news article "The Tale of the TALEs" by E. Pennisi, Dec. 14, 2012 (pdf).
- Solved! "Crystal structure of TAL effector PthXo1 bound to its DNA target" Science, Jan 5, 2012.
See also the Iowa State University News Release.
- Gene editing with engineered nuclease is Nature Methods "Method of the Year 2011."
- Voytas/Bogdanove TAL effector kit breaks AddGene record for most distributed reagent. AddGene Newsletter, December 2011.
- See more.
Quick Links to data and resources
- TAL Effector Nucleotide Targeter
- Golden Gate TALEN and TAL Effector Kit
- Functional genomics of rice susceptibility to bacterial diseases
- Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae PXO99A genome
- Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola BLS256 genome
- Xanthomonas campestris pv. raphani 756C genome